Monday, August 29, 2011

orange blossom cafe.

Eleventh stop. So on this morning I woke up and went to breakfast with my family. The place is called Orange Blossom Cafe and I came here to try something I've never had before. Crepes. (Or carpes as I originally spelled them. Sorry Vincent, I had to add that.
But anyway, my sister and I ordered the Mexican Chocolate Crepe. I had the gluten-free version and my sister had the regular version. The crepes were covered with cocoa powder, chocolate syrup and cinnamon, with a side of whip cream. It was really good. 
I had imagined that the crepes were going to be thinner and a bit chewier, but they were still thin and tasty. My mom said the regular crepes had a better texture, but I was happy with the gluten-free version. It was more like a treat, than a breakfast! 
I would definitely go back. My mom wants to try the lemon-sugar crepe. I want to try the Tiramisu Crepe. So if you're in the mood for crepes, stop by the Orange Blossom Cafe in Solana Beach or just check them out here


Oh, and they had a gluten-free cookie, too. It was an almond cookie and it stuck to the roof of my mouth. But it was still good!

No comments:

Post a Comment